Since 2003, The Catherine McEwan Foundation has been helping people living with Crohn’s and Colitis access better treatment, better care and live better lives. We change the lives of children, young people and adults with inflammatory bowel disease by funding much-needed improvements in IBD healthcare across Scotland, including investing in pioneering research.
“Working with the Catherine McEwan Foundation has been a fantastic experience both for our patients and for our IBD team. Having the Foundation’s support means we can develop our service around what our patients want – something that isn’t easy in today’s NHS”
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Nurse SpecialistThe Foundation works alongside handpicked partners including Glasgow Royal Infirmary, The Royal Hospital for Children Glasgow, The Kids Hospital Edinburgh and others across Scotland.
We’re central to enhancing their care for IBD patients. By funding specialist and state-of-the-art equipment and innovative healthcare, which would otherwise be unavailable, we give patients access to the best possible treatment.
We work closely with their highly talented research clinicians too. Our investment in scientific and medical research is already discovering new therapies and more effective approaches to managing the disease.
The foundation is committed to touching as many lives as possible across the IBD community. That’s why we also fund carefully selected patient and family-focused support and research delivered by national charity, Crohn’s & Colitis UK.
“We have had over a decade of increasing support from the Catherine McEwan Foundation which has allowed us to transform the care we provide for children and families with IBD.”
Professor Richard Russell
Consultant Paediatric GastroenterologistBy working closely with IBD medical professionals and listening to the people that matter most – patients and their families, we know that the support we give is desperately needed. They shape the improvements we fund and put us at the forefront of advancing treatment and support for Crohn’s and Colitis sufferers, and their families, in Scotland and beyond.We do extraordinary things thanks to the generosity of our supporters who attend our events, fundraise for us and give their time freely – we’ve already invested over £1m in patient-driven improvements across Scotland and beyond.
We’re serious about making the best use of every penny to make a big impact precisely where it’s needed. Because we’re a smaller charity, we can stay close to what’s most important, and we’ve already supported improvements such as:
• Specialist medical equipment and the development of new tools to improve diagnosis.
• Innovative healthcare roles such as research dieticians and specialist nursing to give more tailored care, advance research and deliver new therapies to patients.
• Novel medical research and research roles that help establish new treatments and improve patient outcomes.
• Support services that help patients and their families feel less alone, reduce their worry and increase access to specialist advice.
• Family days which are fun social activities designed for the whole family to get support from others who understand what they’re going through, learn more about managing the disease, new treatments and initiatives.
With ongoing support from businesses, volunteers, patients and their families, we can change even more lives.